Although WordPress is searched engine-friendly by default, the Yoast plugin can help you get even better results.
We will continue to discuss all you need to know about the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin to improve SEO by Vilen.
What is Yoast SEO?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a technique to optimize your website and content to make search engines recognize them. It can help you rank higher on search results pages.
Yoast SEO makes it easy to manage your site’s SEO. You can even create SEO-optimized content with one plugin.
The free version can optimize your content with a single focus keyword. You can also use it to check your readability and density. Yoast SEO improves your technical SEO practices by allowing you to modify XML sitemaps’ meta tags, descriptions, indexes, and metadata. It also features a snippet preview function.
The paid version includes all premium and free features. It supports up to five keywords and consists of a URL redirect manager and internal link suggestions. With its breadcrumbs and content types, taxonomies, archives, and media options, you can control how your content is displayed in SERP.
How to use Yoast SEO for WordPress?
Navigate to your WordPress dashboard admin area and click on the Plugin tab. Select Add Plugin. Search for a Yoast search engine. After it is activated and installed, you will see an SEO tab in your dashboard.
Import Data From Other SEO Plugins
You can import settings from other SEO plugins instead of having to modify them all over again. Click on the Tools menu, then select Import or Export settings.
Copy your settings from an earlier version of SEO plugins to import them.
If you’ve never used SEO plugins before, you can skip this step.
Configure General Settings
Mr Vilen recommends following all the steps carefully. To help the plugin determine the best practices for technical SEO on your website, please complete the configuration Wizard before you continue.
Go to SEO -> General from your WordPress dashboard. Click the configuration wizard link in the Dashboard tab.
To set the plugin’s settings for your site, there are nine steps:
- Check if your website is available and ready for indexing.
- Specify your site’s type.
- Verify the ownership of your site to ensure that you provide correct information for Google’s Knowledge Graph.
- Next, set your preferences for search engine visibility.
- Indicate how many people will manage your website.
- Tweak meta titles, variable settings to optimize branding for your site.
- Enter your email address to confirm that you wish to receive Yoast’s newsletter.
- If you want to upgrade to Yoast Search Engine Optimization Premium,
- The plugin also teaches you some of its features.
- Customize Features
You can disable or enable features if you are overwhelmed by the number of options available.
To adjust each setting, click the Switch to On/Off.
Optimize Content With Yoast SEO Meta Box
Once you have configured Yoast SEO, the meta box will appear under or beside your post editor. It is divided into three sections: Content Optimization, Social and Advanced tabs.
Snippet preview is a content Optimization feature that lets you see how your post will appear on search engine result pages. You can edit the title and slug of the snippet, as well as add meta descriptions.
The Content Optimization section also features
- Before performing an SEO analysis – determine the focus keyword and its synonym.
- SEO analysis – This shows the overall performance of your post in terms of SEO. It will show you how many internal and external links your post has, how well the keyphrase and keyword distribution are, and your image alt text.
- Readability analysis – evaluates how readable your sentences and paragraphs are and assigns a Flesch–Kincaid score.
- Cornerstone content – Analyzes and evaluates the quality of your content.
- Insight – shows you the most commonly used words and phrases within your content.
Mr Vilen pro tip: The indicators will turn green if you are doing well with SEO. If the needle is orange or red, it means that there are issues you need to optimize.
Similar to the Snippet Preview tab, the Social Media tab lets you preview and manage the appearance of your posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc. You can upload images and customize the title or description.
The Advanced section allows you to customize advanced SEO settings. You can adjust your search engine visibility, follow or no-follow links, as well as locations for meta robots. If you don’t know how to configure this tab, it can harm your SEO.
Effective SEO is essential if you want to reach potential customers. The Yoast SEO WordPress plugin helps you do this.
You can improve your content by using Yoast SEO.
Here’s an overview of how Yoast SEO works:
- Import data Transfer your SEO settings to Yoast SEO if you’ve used other SEO plugins
- Set general settings. Use the wizard to optimize technical SEO practices.
- Customize – choose which additional options you wish to activate, such as SEO analysis and XML sitemaps.
Optimize your content with the Yoast SEO meta box to see how optimized it is for SERP.